It's just after midterm and one lecture from last post, so leaving me no choice but talk about them.
So it's after the midterm, which I find fairly easy. The first question and third question are pretty similar, as they can both be solved using the same technique, by pulling out the (n+1) term out of the sum, and leaves the rest as the same format as the hypothesis. The second question was a bit harder than the other two, in my opinion, since I had a little trouble explaining it using symbols and words. I got the idea of how to use complete induction to solve the problem, but along the way, I find it really hard to explain to the reader my way of thinking and logic. I even invented some function to help me do it better, such as edge(n) = all the edges in the tree with n nodes, because to me, pure words can't really explain much, but if I write down the math equations to show that it follows, it's more convincing.
Then, after one hour of midterm, we had more lecture, which was hard to listen to as my mind was still all over the midterm questions. I copied down some notes, but they were merely useless since I didn't copy down loop, but just the proof parts. Luckily, I could find the notes on the course website. After reading some notes, I think I get the proof, but I think I would use the csc165 way to do it, more familiar. Anyways, I think I will get used to the new way too.
No comments:
Post a Comment